Read More!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I Miss You

I admit it. I completely and totally admit it. I miss you. I miss everything about you, every moment we spent together, every text message, every phone call, every picture sent. I miss you.

Okay, I am lying I don't miss anyone. I miss the IDEA of someone. This is something that people do not understand. There is a difference between missing someone and missing the idea of someone. If you think about it, your relationship did not manifest, or you guys did not work out, for one reason or another. Let's face it, we all know most relationships do not end on "friendly" or mutual terms. The cordiality of it usually comes after the initial break up. So when you think about that reason or reasons, you might remember the truth about your incompatibilities.

The person who they were before the issues arose is what it is that your actually missing. The person they were during your "romance" period is not always the person they are toward the end of the relationship. A lot of times we become attached to the person we perceive someone to be and are blind to the reality of who they are.( I took a few philosophy classes back in the day so you will here me speak on philosophical aspects from time to time, this being one of them. I will talk about this in depth another day. Anyway..) When we become infatuated it is easy to see only the good and ignore the bad. A lot of times the bad is not even displayed until later down the line. It is only time that can reveal the truth to you.

This reminds me of Time by Ne-Yo. It's not about missing the idea of someone. This quote from the song explains it all: "No one knows what they have until its gone, and by then it doesn't matter anymore cause your all alone. And the time it will take you to learn from your mistakes, and the time it will take to dial the phone. And the time it will take you to realize her greatness she'll be gone."


No comments:

Post a Comment