Read More!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Gaining Self Control

I need a little more self control in my life. I read, back in high school, that soda was horrible for your body and that diet soda was even worse! I was never a fan of soda to begin with, so I just stopped drinking it. And it was just like that. Soda became unappealing to me. I can honestly say that I do not drink soda more that five times per YEAR, and even THAT is an exaggeration. In 2011 I distinctly remember the three times I drank soda. Yesterday, simply because I was curious to drink 7Up, a drink I had never had before. It turned out it was the same as sprite and gave me the burps :/ How gross. And the two times before that it was simply because at the club soda is cheaper than a bottle of water. And I only drank one soda each time.

The point I'm trying to make is that I gave up on soda so easily! And if I do drink it, it's a clear soda. I wish I could have that same self control over food; specifically candy, cold fattening beverages (Wawa shakes, smoothies, etc.), and seconds. I am not a fan of cookies, chips, and cakes. Those are the types of things I DO have self control over. I am a food food kind of girl and I have little self control when it comes to it.

I suppose my deadly sin would be gluttony (and lust but that's beside the point!). I indulge in food. I have definitely come a long way! But I have relapses too often. I eat PLENTY of veggies, little to no rice and pasta, and little to no bread. People would think I don't struggle with my health and things of that nature but I do. I know what I like and I have self control to an extent but I would like to have a greater self control. I go over my calories every single day! Sometimes by a little, sometimes by a lot.

I think if I express those ideas to you all, I will be more prone to conquering my problems. I am putting one of my most personal issues (eating, body figure, health and weight issues) out there for the world to see. So hopefully it helps me to work on it.

Nevertheless, today is a new day and I can start anew. Perseverance and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment