I normally hate Valentine's day with every bone in my body. I even considered wearing all black just to boycott the holiday that never seemed to serve it's purpose for me. But today was different. I didn't have a Valentine, I didn't spend any time with some extremely handsome young fellow who wanted to spent time with me, and I didn't really receive much of anything; with the exception of some awesome chocolate strawberries from my friend and some Now-N-Later's from myself. The real thing I discovered today, was that I just need to appreciate the love that does exist and not the love that I wish would exist. I've come to a point in my life were I don't want casual flings or nonexclusive relationships. I want something real, or nothing at all. If that is my main desire, and there is nothing (at the current moment) that is real from another person, what better time is it than to love myself and focus my energy on that? The time is perfect.
I have a lot of love for myself but I could love myself more. I can spend more time working and fixing me and healing me than focusing on trying to give another the world. Especially because 99.9% of the people I have tried to give the world to obviously do not want that shit. Pardon my french, please. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to work on my most important relationships, which is the relationship with myself.
Any who, here's my favorite Valentine's day song. Hope you all enjoyed your day.
"It's a good excuse, put our love to use."
No comments:
Post a Comment