I'm a girl who craves consistency in any and everything I do. When it comes to my girls, I like to hear from them on a regular basis to make sure they're alright! I like to make sure we spend some quality time to keep our friendship thriving, ya know? When it comes to guys, if he, by his own free will, choose to text me good morning for a month straight, I am going to expect him to do that into month two and (if it goes any further) three and so on and so forth. I expect to hear from my father at least once a week whether it's a text or a call or even a message on Facebook. I like things to be consistent and continuous.
So when things start becoming random it frustrates me. I EXPECT certain things and to be treated with a certain level of respect. I EXPECT things to proceed as they have been previously. But at certain times, I forget that I can't expect anything from anyone who isn't obligated. With my girls, they aren't obligated to love me! But I would hope that they do. And by loving me, they would understand that hearing from them regularly is important. If that is being put to the back burner then my love and friendship is being put to the back burner. Thus, I am not important.
When it comes to guys, I guess I can't get mad when things stop going the way they once were. One of my male friends told me "T, if they stop being consistent then they're probably fucking with someone new." With that almost always being the case with me, I try to put things in perspective. Stop having expectations. But I've learned that that is impossible for me.
Lesson: Stop expecting things from people who don't want you to have expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment