Life is like a beach. The sand gets all over the place, it sucks if you can't swim, the salt water gets in your eyes and ruins your contacts, the sun burns you, and sometimes the water is too damn cold...yet, every winter you can't wait for summer to come back around so you can go right back to the beach.
Life is a beach.
Every little grain of sand can attempt to ruin your day. Those little annoyances begin to add up! When you just need to be refreshed and quench that thirst, that longing you have for something, you get a mouth full of salt water. And it ruins your contacts! I've never gotten sun burn, but I've had regular burns. And burns just suck...and every day, someone is getting burned in life, metaphorically and literally. And then, you have those times where you just want to dive into the wonders of life and it's all just way too cold for you.
But I'm in love with the beach.
Somehow, with all of the negativity one can find there, there's still that spark that will keep you coming back for more. Today was like all of those little annoying things that could possibly be negative about the beach yet, the beach is still the one place I want to be. I want more. Looking for the beauty in the beach.
Life is a beach. A real beach.
(Nerja, Spain)
(Yours truly. Nerja, Spain)
And my rant is over.
No comments:
Post a Comment