I am fascinated with different philosophies and new, innovative ways of thinking. I find myself looking different things up and seeing how or if I am able to apply them to my own life. I was thinking about some things from past classes I've taken and realized we've never read on philosophies of Love, which is always relevant in my life. It seems that all the philosophies are somewhat on the same page about it. In a nut shell, most philosophies believe the purpose of love is to make you better.
' "Ultimately, there is only one reason for love. That one grand reason…is “because we bring out the best in each other.” '
I can agree with loves 'purpose' but what if love does NOT make you better? Is it then, not considered to be love? I don't think it's fair to say that LOVE is not love if the purpose is not being fulfilled. A lot of times, we invest our emotions into the wrong people causing us more pain than anything. But to turn that back around, the pain that we go through could be the growth within ourselves that we need, thus making us better. At the same time, the growth could make your heart cold, making it harder for you to find love. I think it can go either way depending on the person.
These philosophies don't simply apply to relationships concerning significant others. They can apply to any type of love. The loving of a family member definitely should definitely make someone better. But again, it goes back to what I said about it not always making you better. There are different family situations that could cause you more pain than happiness just as relationships with a guy or a girl.
Nevertheless, I believe that you will learn a lesson from every situation your in, emotion based or not. And loving will make you better whether it is immediate or postponed.
Read More!
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment