The past few months I can definitely say I haven't been writing and singing as much as I used to. I used to be more focused on music then almost anything. It is so great when I have nights like these when I am inspired to write. I stopped doing everything I normally did in August when the semester started. I haven't picked up Delilah (my guitar) in months which is the most awful thing I could do to her...I'm sorry Delilah <3 I haven't really sat down and written a song since the summer. My voice sounds a hot mess because I am no longer in choir. I think that has to do with the quality of the air near my school though. Mushroom farms really ruin the amazing mountain fresh air that I should be breathing in. I mean, my whole artistic flow has been put on a standstill and it is pretty sad. BUT, tonight I have just been going in. I have song ideas, ideas for some future talent shows, I've written four poems (although two of them are not finished), and not to mention I have been doing a little better with keeping up with my blog! I mean, it isn't much in comparison to what I should have done over the semester, but it is definitely something.
I remember I would spend weekends having jam sessions with friends and writing and just overloading myself with music. I kind of lost track of that these past few months. The one thing I can definitely say is that I have been downloading a LARGE amount of music lately. I may not have been creating but I always, no matter what, find time to listen.
Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a big night of inspiration and artistic awesomeness :)
I remember I would spend weekends having jam sessions with friends and writing and just overloading myself with music. I kind of lost track of that these past few months. The one thing I can definitely say is that I have been downloading a LARGE amount of music lately. I may not have been creating but I always, no matter what, find time to listen.
Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a big night of inspiration and artistic awesomeness :)
No comments:
Post a Comment