I don't actually hate fashion. I just wanted to get your attention :)
I've never been interested in fashion until I started to find myself. I have all these different outlets of expressing myself but the mirror has always been my biggest challenge. I'm still not actually interested in fashion; I am interested in expressing myself in another way. I look to others for inspiration to see what I like and don't like so that I can begin to craft my own style. I have come a long way. I was a tomboy in my younger years, a tee-shirt and sweat pants kind of girl during my middle school days, and throughout high school my style changed as well. Freshman and sophmore-ish year I was what we would call "scene". Dark eyeliner and eye-shadow, black graphic tees, skinny jeans, and the ever famous teased hair was my style. Then there came a time when everything turned extremely basic (and who wants to be seen as BASIC? Not I). Just basic tee's jeans and shoes. I began to focus more so on the shoe than the outfit as a whole. It wasn't until about six or seven months ago that I really began to expand my wardrobe in all different aspects. I started incorporating heels, jewelry, scarves, hats, and different things to add to my outfits. I started looking at blogs, paying close attention to the styles of others, looking at magazines, and really putting more thought into what I wear. I won't say that I am the most stylish because I by no means am not but I will definitely say that my style is growing in the direction that I want it to.
The over-all point in me focusing so much on my attire and expanding my wardrobe now is simply because I want people to be able to see me for who I am before they meet me personally. People are going to judge you no matter what you do so you might as well be in control of what they see.
No comments:
Post a Comment