I have realized that I am the only person I can rely on to stay in my life. Long lasting friendships should not, but can end as easily as newly found friendships. Long friendships just hurt more. From this moment forward, I am going to take things for what it is. If people come and go from my life, I won't let it hurt me. I will make it a lesson learned. If someone of 10 years throws a friendship away for someone they've known for a year, let them. If someone of less than a year chooses a past that they can't get over, over the future they could have with you, let them. If the person you love leaves you for the person they like, let them. I won't say it won't hurt but I'm saying let it go. I am going to enjoy people now. Like this old proverb my mom told me (that I absolutely love): Be here now. It's so simple. No living in the past, no living so far in the future, just take things for what it is now and enjoy it while it's here. Nothing, no matter what it is, lasts forever. I'm learning to let things be what they are, learn the lessons set before me, and be happy with the experience gained.
Read More!
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment