Read More!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Fail Me

I don't expect much from people but the little that I do expect always seems to be too much. It makes me wonder, sometimes, if people have expectations from themselves. I have been looking deeper within myself simply because there is no reason to search for things in others anymore. Things...things like doing what they say they are going to do, supporting me and my decisions, being there for me when I need them, common courtesy, respect, not judging me, being mindful of my feelings, and even more so, being mindful of what the position they hold, or wish to hold, in my life. It's not just one person who has failed me but a great many. I do not think that the things that I expect from people are too much to ask. They may seem selfish but in reality what isn't selfish? There is no point in having people in your life if they do not benefit you in some way, shape, or form whether it is mentally, physically, socially, or emotionally. We are all trying to survive but not one of us could survive without the other. Civilization exists because humans have this internal need to be with another companion, whether it be romantically or just to be there. So in essence, all things are done out of the benefit of thyself. With that being said, why is it that the basic things that one would expect from another seem to be too much to ask?

I mean, I am not asking these things from people who do not know me or do not associate themselves with me. I am asking these things from the very people in my own life. These are the basic things and people still can't get them. It's like being in college and someone not knowing basic math or how to write. Why are you trying to be a part of my life if you can't get the basics right? I don't want to seem demanding and I know people make mistakes. I am not perfect. But I would never deliberately go over the bounds of the basics. I feel like when someone crosses these boundaries time and time again, they just shouldn't be in my life.

I give chance after chance time after time but sometimes when people know they have an option that is always there...they will always choose that one. And by keeping the option for someone to continuously abuse the chances I give, I am allowing people to fail me. I can either take away their opportunity or continue to allow people to fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment