Read More!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Because I Fell For You

I suppose this is one of those poems that is simple and to the point. I just want the reader to actually get it and not be stuck trying to figure out what is it that I am trying to say. I don't know if this is done, because I just wrote it...but I think I like it as is. So, without further ado...

Because I Fell For You
© copyright - Tiana Monet Wilson


I fell for you.
Hard.
I let down my guard.
I reached cloud nine but in contrast
bricks caught me instead of your arms
rocks embraced me instead of your hands
scars are becoming memories instead of your kisses.
I fell for you.
This isn’t to say that you didn’t reach out
but maybe you did not extend those ever so strong arms far enough to save me
Because I am here
and the blurred vision of you in the distance doesn’t seem to turn his head when I shout
that I fell for you.
I must have landed in your desert somewhere because I thirst only for your affection.
Yet, I don’t think you take well to my intentions.
I couldn’t help
that your smile captivates me
that your humor elevates me
that your laughter illuminates me
and how my heart beats faster when I hear your voice.
The road I want to take was supposed to be gated off
but we both know it was never my desire to steer in any other direction,
though I promise you I did try the other path for quite some time.
Until
I fell for you.
I swear I didn’t mean it
I didn’t think you’d see it
But now I can’t help but to release it.
I tried it control myself
But that is easier said than done
because every song I hear somehow reminds me of you
because every time I reminisce I wonder if my heart rate is high because I’ve been running through your mind
because every time I sit down to write a poem it somehow seems to spell out your name
because every time I want to talk, I want to talk to you
because from the moment when I first spoke to you, I wanted you…
I fell for you.
And being down here on my bed of bricks with bruises tattooed to my sides
I realized,
Or maybe think that,
Or maybe I actually am
down here by myself.
I fell for you
And it wouldn’t be so bad if you could just tell me if you fell for me too? And maybe that you want me the same way I want you…


Because I Fell For You
© copyright - Tiana Monet Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment