Why is it so hard for people to be positive? I mean who says you have to walk around complaining and upsetting yourself? I've concluded that it is out of pure laziness. It is far easier to be negative than to be positive. When life is happening and nothing about the current moments are giving you a reason to smile, positive cliches and helpful words of encouragement are the last things you want to hear. Consciously making yourself happy is incredibly hard. Trust me, I know.
I am no psychologist but I am surely a thinker. This whole thought arose because I recognized that I am one of those lazy people that has a hard time getting myself to be positive. Don't get me wrong, I always TRY...it just doesn't always work. It is just so easy to be upset and consumed with the negativity in your life that you let the bad overpower the good. We let things like "It's easier said than done." get in the way of "Anything worth having is worth fighting for.". Regardless of what it is, in this case it's happiness, it will not always be easy to achieve. And if you ask me, happiness is definitely worth fighting for, even when it feels like I'm losing.
Today I'm going to try my hardest to be positive. I won't ignore the bad but I won't let it consume me. Let's make the conscious decision to be positive.
Today I'm going to try my hardest to be positive. I won't ignore the bad but I won't let it consume me. Let's make the conscious decision to be positive.
No comments:
Post a Comment