Read More!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Hiking with Kiyah

Yesterday I had the pleasure of starting my week with my dearest friend, and cousin, Kiyah. In the midst of a day that started incredibly sour, we decided that it would be best to get out of the house and get some exercise. At first, we were going to walk around the neighborhood not too far from my house but instead, we chose to go to a nearby State Park / Museum place that is located, conveniently, very close to my house! So, we took the three minute trip up the road to discover that this Park had about five different trails, kayaking, biking trails, lakes, creeks, picnic tables, a wonderful garden, and plenty of nature all in one place. And it was truly beautiful. We've decided that there is no reason why we cannot spend an entire day there at least once every two weeks. I, myself, think I'll be there a bit more often, but I think twice a month in a group is doable. Especially since it is my favorite number - FREE!

Here are some pictures. <3


That's me!
Say hello to Kiyah :)



 At the end of this portion of the trail, there was an area that grew flowers just for the Monarch butterflies! I used to have one that lived in the bush in the front of my house. His name was Thomas and my mom uprooted the bush. Maybe Thomas and I will reunite next time I make it down this trail.


 There were lots of fallen trees on this particular trail.
 This tree was pretty awesome because...
 (continued) the roots at the bottom fossilized (kinda)! It was so beautiful.
 On random sides of the water and at random points after this point of the trail, there was massive groups of odd vegetation. Like, salad but not. Lol.
If you see a little red dot, that's a lady!


 More fallen trees.


Because of this, my day did an entire 360. Although I spent my day talking about my problems and being frustrated with life, I wasn't sulking, crying, or being miserable. I was talking out my issues, looking to find a solution, and getting a great workout at my new favorite gym. Outside. In the wilderness (as long as it's before 8pm when the park closes :D ).

I hope you all enjoy. Until next time. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment