Accomplishments
Being twenty has shown me so much about myself and life. I have been shown things that I would have never imagined I could learn, especially not about myself. I have accomplished so much that I've forgotten to congratulate myself. Sometimes I fail to tell myself that I've done a good job.
Accomplishments, in my eyes, are a big deal. To accomplish my goals I've always chosen what it is that I want and I go for it. I am a firm believer in earning whatever it is that I want. Of course, I also believe I deserve everything I work for. As I've been saying a lot recently, you do not always get what you want even if you work for it, even if you deserve it. Just because one doesn't get what one would want, does not mean something was not accomplished.
So today, I am celebrating my accomplishments. I have finished my entire Spanish major! I studied abroad TWICE! I speak THREE languages. I have maintained a 3.6 and above throughout my entire collegiate career bringing my cumulative GPA to a 3.72! I have reach a place of acceptance and admiration for who I am! I have been relaxer free for ONE YEAR! I am in a strong, dedicated relationship that's moving forward every day! I am a GRADUATING SENIOR! I am closer to God than I have ever been! I have made my first strides toward graduate school! I am continuing to put myself and my goals at the forefront of my life and building toward my future! I have no children! I am a dedicated daughter, sister, cousin, aunt, girlfriend, friend, and child of God! And most importantly, I am still alive and breathing. Look at what I am doing and tell me I am crazy if I ever allow myself to feel like I am not doing great things.
I don't list my accomplishments to brag. I list them because I find myself forgetting the great things that I have done and that I am doing. If you ever feel like you aren't doing enough or that you are falling behind, make a list of accomplishments. Talk to your friends about some of the great things you've done. I remember talking to one of my friends about how I feel like all of my sisters (my girls!) are doing great things and that I am falling short and she looked at me like I was crazy. You cannot allow yourself to get caught up in your failures. You have to celebrate your accomplishments. You achieved them!
In the coming months I hope to accomplish more things. Of course securing a job for the summer and working are on that list, but also investing a lot of time into my writing. I really want to get back to poetry, blogging, and working on my books. I also plan to spend a lot of time growing within myself and with God. He and I have a lot to talk about! All in all, my next round of accomplishments are inevitable, like graduation and being a senior, so I am just going to take these next few months to dedicate them to me.
Congratulations to you, my dear reader, for everything you've accomplished! If no one else tells you, I'll tell you. I am proud of you and I congratulate you.
No comments:
Post a Comment