Endings. It always seems like there are more endings than beginnings in life especially when you are stressed about something or when there isn't a whole bunch of positive influence for the time being. I know that's the case for me. These past few months have been incredibly stressful for me and it seems like the things that did begin were the endings of something. My Spanish professor always had me on my toes with different projects and things that were due this semester. I was constantly beginning these "new" projects and assignments that were so frequent that it was always ENDING the temporary relief I had from the ending of the project before. Does that make sense? No matter what I finished there was something else toppling over my never ending pile of things to do that I had no time to enjoy my success. That wasn't just the issue in my Spanish class but in all of my classes. Work work work and no time to play. But of course, if you know me, I had to make time to play. I can't live without a little partying in my life! Whether it's just me or me and my girls, I get that temporary feeling of euphoria from a good time that I need to keep me going. But you all know that by now.
It's just been so hectic. I've accomplished a lot these past few months though...I met my expectations at the same time that I doubted them. It's crazy how you expect something but you are convinced that it just won't turn out that way. I felt like things were always coming to a miserable end because I didn't have the time in between to refresh for the beginning of the new things. The timing was so off and I was so sure that I was going to stay miserable. Now that I have the time to reflect and see what I learned, I realized a few important things about life:
1. As people, we sometimes do better under pressure than we give ourselves credit for.
We are so busy dwelling in our own misery when we are stressed that we don't sit back and see how extremely well we are doing. It's easier said than done, but during those times of stress it is important to give yourself credit where credit is due! After you accomplished something, regardless of how big or small it is, celebrate. Congratulate yourself!
2. Don't bite off more than you can chew.
21 credits wasn't the brightest idea for me but it was necessary. If it were just another regular semester, I would never do it. That was my personal situation! But in general don't overwhelm yourself more than you need to. Everything that you are doing should be done with passion and effort (because who just does things with no motivation behind it?). If you cannot give everything that you are doing the time and effort it deserves, you won't be fulfilling your potential. You'll be pulling yourself in so many different directions that you won't have time to just be happy.
3. Always find a way to be happy in everything you do and in every situation.
If you convince yourself you can only be miserable, you will only be miserable. Whatever it takes for you to be happy, to find just enough of euphoria to keep you going, do it. You can beat negativity.
4. Don't stop. Ever.
Just keep moving forward. Self explanatory, ay?
These things have definitely been lessons learned throughout the past few months. Given these four things, I've learned how to make all the endings in my life better. I mean, who said endings had to be bad?
Read More!
Saturday, December 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment